What worked:
  • Using Becky Higgins' Design A for the monthly cover pages and highlights while doing traditional layouts for event pages.
  • Black & White photos.  Toward the tail end of last year, I did a few spreads with black and white photos with color elements and LOVED how it looked.
What didn't:
  • Scrap envy.  I seriously need to stop getting down on myself for my pages not looking as amazing as other peoples'.  
  • Barely including pictures of myself in layouts.  This happens because a) I am almost always the one taking the pictures and therefore only have "selfies" which feels vain to scrap and b) if someone else does take a picture of me, I don't like the way I look and therefore don't include it.  I am scrapping my story & I should include pictures of myself damn it!
Plans: 
  • Print my pages! I was thinking about having all my pages printed into a book but I think that I am going to buy a 12x12 album, 12x12 page protectors and have my scrapbook pages printed when I can afford to do so.
  • Organize my supply collection!  I have an external hard drive with 1 TB of supplies plus 4 flash drives with 32 gb of supplies each.  This is where I say that I'm pretty sure I am part dragon & my digiscrap supplies are my hoard.
  • Take more notes throughout the month to help with my journaling. I want to include more words in my layouts to tell a better story.
  • Take more pictures of myself & of Kyle and I together.
  • I really love the look of wood backgrounds & am going to use it on my pocket style pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment